Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro will not start up on any recovery option

I have a used macbooc pro 2015 model. The harddrive has been erased. I tried all the available recovery start up options, many times. The machine either stops or reboots continuously. I sometimes come to the utilities menu, but very seldom. There is no pattern to the stops or reboots, so it is not easy to analyze.

I created a mojave os on a usb drive. I tested this on the mac air and it boots the air machine ok. When i try to option start the mac pro with the usb drive, i get the option to select the drive. It reads the drive / light flashes, then the machine immediately reboots and tries to internet recover... which never works.

Internet recovery always reads / loads the first page, but then this also restarts the machine, where I get the question mark, even though I have the usb drive connected.

I have had several strange stops also, one with some vey small font referencing kernal stop. I tried to capture this on a photo, but the image is so quick off the screen it is not possible to get a clean shot. Since this is also random, it is not possible to replicate.

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 10:22 AM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple support document.

Reset SMC

Similar questions

2 replies

Macbook pro will not start up on any recovery option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.