Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air not starting up correctly

Earlier today I put my MacBook Air into internet recovery mode and half way through the process, it turned it self off. Since then I've whenever I turn my MacBook on the startup screen with the apple symbol appears and the sound then it turns off again.

I've reset both NVRAM and the SMC and have tried to access the standard recovery with Command+R and I'm unable to access the standard recovery to access "Disk Utility". I've also created a bootable MacOS installer drive on a USB and when I select USB in Startup Manager, the MacBook turns it self off and turns it self back on showing the symbol and start up sound then turns back off. And for the past 2 hours it has just been turning it self on and off.

Any idea on what I should do now?

Update: Not sure if this will affect the issue above but since I bought this refurbished MacBook last year every now and again whenever it's loading my account the screen glitches out.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 2:50 AM

That's probably best.

Similar questions

7 replies

MacBook Air not starting up correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.