Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is sustain option?

Folks. Just new to working with a keyboard and trying to figure out where the sustain setting is. I have my Akai MPK Mini plugged into my Mac and the keyboards just sound flat. Like the sound dies out fast after letting go of the key. I want it to ring out and keep going a bit. I'm guessing this would be a sustain setting? Can't seem to find that anywhere. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 7:22 AM

You can change the sustain or attack and other articulations in the Piano Roll view of the editor.

• Show the Automation curves while viewing the Piano Roll by clicking the Automation button in the upper left corner of the Editor.
  • This will open the midi draw area, where you can select the "Sustain" Automation curve from the controller menu, if you have selected an Instrument patch that offers "sustain". See for example the "Upright Bass" below:

Now you can manually adjust the Sustain for individual notes by adjusting the sustain automation curve.

See this help page for more details: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH24876?locale=en_US

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 7:22 AM in response to ridergroov

You can change the sustain or attack and other articulations in the Piano Roll view of the editor.

• Show the Automation curves while viewing the Piano Roll by clicking the Automation button in the upper left corner of the Editor.
  • This will open the midi draw area, where you can select the "Sustain" Automation curve from the controller menu, if you have selected an Instrument patch that offers "sustain". See for example the "Upright Bass" below:

Now you can manually adjust the Sustain for individual notes by adjusting the sustain automation curve.

See this help page for more details: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH24876?locale=en_US

Where is sustain option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.