Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heat Issues with 2019 Macbook Pro

Hey guys, I recently bought a macbook pro 13 inch with i7 processor, 16Gb of ram and 1TB of storage. I realised that whenever I try to download applications such as games etc , my Macbook tend to become really hot at the touch bar area to the bottom of the laptop. Anyone experience this as well and is this normal at all?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 9:20 AM

Readers have posted that after initially running for a day or so, an SMC reset seems to normalize battery, heat generated, fans and charging issues.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Be sure to use EXACTLY the keys specified -- the keys with the same labels on the other side of the keyboard are not "wired in" and will not do the job.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 9:20 AM in response to Corneliuslee

Readers have posted that after initially running for a day or so, an SMC reset seems to normalize battery, heat generated, fans and charging issues.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Be sure to use EXACTLY the keys specified -- the keys with the same labels on the other side of the keyboard are not "wired in" and will not do the job.

Heat Issues with 2019 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.