Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing ID

I need to change my Apple ID because it is currently set to an email address that will soon be invalid. However when I try to do this to the address I want to use I get "Your new Apple ID cannot be the same as your notification email address. Choose a different email address."

Can anyone help, please?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 4:44 AM

For security reasons, your 2FA notification email address cannot be the same as your AppleID email address. If you don't have one, create a free address with a service like Gmail or Yahoo! Mail.

You will need a second email account and will need to change your 2FA notification address to that address, then change your AppleID.

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 4:44 AM in response to idleparty

For security reasons, your 2FA notification email address cannot be the same as your AppleID email address. If you don't have one, create a free address with a service like Gmail or Yahoo! Mail.

You will need a second email account and will need to change your 2FA notification address to that address, then change your AppleID.

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Changing ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.