Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy the AirPods 2 right now, would I be able to eventually exchange them for the AirPods 3 using in-store credit?

If I buy the AirPods 2 right now, would I be able to eventually exchange them for the AirPods 3 using in-store credit when they are released this upcoming 2019 holiday season? I want a pair of AirPods now for work, but I don't want to buy the AirPods 2 just to have a newer model be released in a few months.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 6:15 AM

2 replies

Jul 22, 2019 8:40 AM in response to iNotes

Apple doesn't accept exchanges for AirPods in the way you plan to go about it. You still have a few options:

1. Don't purchase the current AirPods, and just wait for when Apple releases the new ones.
  2. Don't purchase the current AirPods, and just continue to your the EarPods that came with your iPhone, until the new ones come out.
  3. Go ahead and purchase a current set of AirPods, and then, just buy the new model when they come out. You can either keep the current model AirPods as spares, or sell them.

If I buy the AirPods 2 right now, would I be able to eventually exchange them for the AirPods 3 using in-store credit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.