Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why pay extra money for more space on iCloud?

Why bother to pay for extra space on iCloud? When you can just message all the pictures to yourself on messenger and then download them for free, and with infinite space.

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 9:48 AM

There are some who sync data to icloud, backup data to icloud or both.

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

3 replies

Jul 22, 2019 9:58 AM in response to Sivert_B

If you think that is the sole purpose of having additional storage space in iCloud, you don’t understand what iCloud is all about. The last thing that I want to do with the additional storage space that I purchased would be for photos. There are too many other free ways to save photos to even bother with iCloud Photos.

If you have a device with a large enough capacity, your backup may exceed the 5GB free space that Apple so graciously offers, bless their hearts. If you sync contacts, reminder, bookmarks, iCloud tabs and use iCloud Drive, you will need more than5GB of storage. If you have several iOS devices like I have, and they all use the same iCloud account - which they should - 5GB wouldn’t be nearly enough space for backups.

Jul 22, 2019 10:06 AM in response to Sivert_B

Some of us don’t use FaceBook nor its messenger app and have no interest in creating a FaceBook account. Some of us just transfer our photos to our laptop or desktop and archive them there (as we’ve been doing with our digital cameras before there was any iOS devices or iCloud). Some of us use iCloud storage for things other than photos.

Why pay extra money for more space on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.