Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi greyed out randomly

Wifi greyed out while I was watching Youtube and all suggestions online dont fix it? Running ios 12.4

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 7:57 AM

Hello,

Ouch! That’s quite a bit to keep an iPad Air 2 going. You may be better off purchasing an iPad from Apple’s refurbished store. I don’t know what the prices are where you are, I’m looking at the US refurbished store and prices are starting at $230. It would allow you to save some money and get an upgrade.

Apple Refurbished

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2019 7:57 AM in response to ADunne11

Hello,

Ouch! That’s quite a bit to keep an iPad Air 2 going. You may be better off purchasing an iPad from Apple’s refurbished store. I don’t know what the prices are where you are, I’m looking at the US refurbished store and prices are starting at $230. It would allow you to save some money and get an upgrade.

Apple Refurbished

Jul 23, 2019 8:05 AM in response to ADunne11

Hello,

It is rather unfortunate that networking no longer works. If you went with the refurbished route you could retain your iPad Air 2 for watching downloaded movies while having another iPad for your main iPad. You could also go the route of plugging in a physical ethernet connection into your iPad. If you use Apple’s Lightning to USB 3.0 adapter along with a USB ethernet adapter your iPad can be hard lined to the internet. If you really wanted to you could run a physical network line to where ever you primarily use your iPad. It could be more cost effective then purchasing new hardware.

Wifi greyed out randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.