Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my space bar is overly sensitive

When I'm typing fast. the key board gives. me periods in places. I don't want. them. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity of the keyboard but then I can't hold down. the delete to. delete. words quickly.

My last MacBook Air did not do this so I know its not my typing.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 10:40 AM

Try resetting the SMC as described in this OSX Daily document: When and How to Reset Mac SMC (System Management Controller)

Reset SMC of a MacBook Air, MacBook Pro Retina, or MacBook Pro’s with an internal non-removable battery
This is how to reset SMC on most modern Mac laptops, none of which have a removable battery:
Shutdown your MacBook Air / MacBook Pro
Connect the power adapter to the Mac
On the MacBook / Pro’s keyboard, hold down the Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time
Release all keys and the power button at the same time – the little light on the MagSafe adapter may change colors briefly to indicate the SMC has reset
Boot your Mac as usual
Here’s the key sequence to hold down:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2019 10:40 AM in response to becci0123

Try resetting the SMC as described in this OSX Daily document: When and How to Reset Mac SMC (System Management Controller)

Reset SMC of a MacBook Air, MacBook Pro Retina, or MacBook Pro’s with an internal non-removable battery
This is how to reset SMC on most modern Mac laptops, none of which have a removable battery:
Shutdown your MacBook Air / MacBook Pro
Connect the power adapter to the Mac
On the MacBook / Pro’s keyboard, hold down the Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time
Release all keys and the power button at the same time – the little light on the MagSafe adapter may change colors briefly to indicate the SMC has reset
Boot your Mac as usual
Here’s the key sequence to hold down:

my space bar is overly sensitive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.