Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to desensitize my spacebar on MacBook Pro

I type at a pretty decent speed, but often when I type and hit the spacebar, 2 spaces occur which puts a period after a word that is not the end of the sentence. I have to then stop, back up to remove the extra space, and continue typing. I have to slow down my typing speed significantly in order to avoid this frustrating issue.

I have my MacBook Pro sitting on a stand that raises the back of it so that my palms are not resting on the trackpad or keyboard...I thought this would help. It does make typing more comfortable, but the problem persists.

My question only pertains to the spacebar sensitivity. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 8:24 AM

rjoberhofer wrote:

I type at a pretty decent speed, but often when I type and hit the spacebar, 2 spaces occur which puts a period after a word that is not the end of the sentence. I have to then stop, back up to remove the extra space, and continue typing. I have to slow down my typing speed significantly in order to avoid this frustrating issue.

I have my MacBook Pro sitting on a stand that raises the back of it so that my palms are not resting on the trackpad or keyboard...I thought this would help. It does make typing more comfortable, but the problem persists.

See if you qualify:

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 8:24 AM in response to rjoberhofer

rjoberhofer wrote:

See if you qualify:

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

How to desensitize my spacebar on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.