Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 Factor Authentication screwed up my iCloud login...

I recently enabled 2 factor authentication on my iPhone. However, I was not able to verify my Mac. I logged out of my iCloud so I could log back in again, thinking this may have been the issue. I also changed my password, just in case. When I go to the System Preferences menu to login to my iCloud, it asks for my Apple ID and password, which I enter. From what I understand, after I hit the "Next" button, it's supposed to take me to a screen where I can enter my verification code that I receive on my phone. However, no such field pops up. Instead it loops backwards, and asks me for my password again as if I had never entered it to begin with. I don't get any error messages, or incorrect password messages, or device disabled messages. I have been able to successfully login to iCloud.com, so I'm pretty sure it has to be something with the Mac. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 5:15 PM

What version of macOS are you running?

Apple Logo (top left) > About This Mac

Older versions of macOS need a decorated password.

Password+verification code in one string in the password field.

Pa

See >>> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

Similar questions

3 replies

2 Factor Authentication screwed up my iCloud login...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.