Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to turn off two factor authentication

Basically my apple id is working in 5-6 phone and 1 macbook the problem is whenever i try to sign in my apple id i've to put those numbers or opt (whatever you call that) and that's a big HEADACHE atleast for me and so i decided to turn off the Two factor authentication but when i went to my apple id on my mac/phones there was no option to turn them off after scratching my little head for a hour or so i figured i have to log on appleid.apple.com and once logged, there was a edit button under Security tab but still no option to turn it off what to do? can somebody help please...

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 9:54 AM

sparsh195 wrote:

Basically my apple id is working in 5-6 phone and 1 macbook the problem is whenever i try to sign in my apple id i've to put those numbers or opt (whatever you call that) and that's a big HEADACHE atleast for me and so i decided to turn off the Two factor authentication but when i went to my apple id on my mac/phones there was no option to turn them off after scratching my little head for a hour or so i figured i have to log on appleid.apple.com and once logged, there was a edit button under Security tab but still no option to turn it off what to do? can somebody help please...
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/0e12945f-9b7a-4dd3-a358-db9ba7326b36

You have a 14 day period once you have 2FA activated to turn it off, if it is passed that 14 days it can't be turned off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 9:54 AM in response to sparsh195

sparsh195 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/0e12945f-9b7a-4dd3-a358-db9ba7326b36

You have a 14 day period once you have 2FA activated to turn it off, if it is passed that 14 days it can't be turned off.

Unable to turn off two factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.