Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Option to turn Off Two-Factor Authentication

Hello

I registered a new apple ID on my new device (Mac Book) only for me to find out that Two Factor Authentication was automatically turned on. The issue now is i've been trying to turn it off but the column for that isn't coming means i can't actually turn it off. Please i really need you guys to assist me as I would love to turn the Two Factor Authentication Off at all cost.

Kindly advise on the next step.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 8:54 AM

I'm afraid you won't be able to turn it off. People who have a device which didn't have it on and they turn it on can turn it off again, but only in the first two weeks. However where it's on by default (which is increasingly going to be the case) it's not possible to remove it. Apple are doing this for security reasons because it provides a strong protection - even if someone manages to find out hyour ID and password they still can't get into your ID without your trusted device (which should be protected by a passcode - 2FA protects the Apple ID, not devices).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 8:54 AM in response to spy96

I'm afraid you won't be able to turn it off. People who have a device which didn't have it on and they turn it on can turn it off again, but only in the first two weeks. However where it's on by default (which is increasingly going to be the case) it's not possible to remove it. Apple are doing this for security reasons because it provides a strong protection - even if someone manages to find out hyour ID and password they still can't get into your ID without your trusted device (which should be protected by a passcode - 2FA protects the Apple ID, not devices).

No Option to turn Off Two-Factor Authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.