Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Apple Cinema Display and Gigabit Ethernet to MacBook Air with only one Thunderbolt Port

Hey guys, greetings from Costa Rica!

I have a late 2017 MacBook Air, as you know this computer only have 2 USB ports and 1 Thunderbolt port.

Also, a few days ago I got an Apple Cinema Display that I will love to use with my laptop, but the problem is that my computer only have one Thunderbolt port as already told you, and I'm using that port for my Gigabit Ethernet adapter.

My question is, what would be the best way to connect both accessories? Is there like a Thunderbolt splitter or maybe a Thunderbolt to standardize USB adapter?

I will appreciate all the help you can give me.

Thanks for your time and have a wonderful day.

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 5:48 AM

Hello,

Are you certain its an Apple Cinema Display and not the Apple Thunderbolt Display. At this time there are no good Thunderbolt splitters. That being said Thunderbolt supports daisy chaining which means that if the display is a Thunderbolt display then you could plug in the ethernet adapter into the Thunderbolt display.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2019 5:48 AM in response to CMRangel

Hello,

Are you certain its an Apple Cinema Display and not the Apple Thunderbolt Display. At this time there are no good Thunderbolt splitters. That being said Thunderbolt supports daisy chaining which means that if the display is a Thunderbolt display then you could plug in the ethernet adapter into the Thunderbolt display.

Connect Apple Cinema Display and Gigabit Ethernet to MacBook Air with only one Thunderbolt Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.