Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyway to have three monitors? eGPU will work?

Hi,

I have a macbook pro 2018 with touchbar. It has 4 usb-c ports. However, strangely it cannot support 3 external monitors, even if you close the laptop's monitor. So I would like an expert opinion, if I use an eGPU (the one for example that is sold in apple store) can I have three monitors with my macbook pro?

Thank you very much in advance

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 7:08 AM

Hello,

Using multiple monitors with an eGPU depends on the graphics card specification. You will need to check with the manufacture to see if it will support 3 external displays. If the graphics card supports 3 external displays then your MacBook Pro will be able to utilize 3 external displays.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2019 7:08 AM in response to mklados

Hello,

Using multiple monitors with an eGPU depends on the graphics card specification. You will need to check with the manufacture to see if it will support 3 external displays. If the graphics card supports 3 external displays then your MacBook Pro will be able to utilize 3 external displays.

Anyway to have three monitors? eGPU will work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.