Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I change my Apple ID to reflect a change in my email address

Getting a new email address. Should my Apple ID be changed or can I continue with the existing. The old email will be deleted

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 9:01 AM

I would as without an active email address, they may not be able to reach you if you contact support for anything.

Follow the steps outlined in this document first - Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Then go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and sign in to edit any information on your AppleID, including the primary email address used as your userID. It’s also useful to set up a backup email if you have one and a backup telephone number as well.

When you edit the information there, you’re not creating a new AppleID just updating an existing one, so all Apple accounts, purchases and data tied to your AppleID remains unchanged and accessible. You’ll just use the new email address as your userID for logins.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2019 9:01 AM in response to robandjan

I would as without an active email address, they may not be able to reach you if you contact support for anything.

Follow the steps outlined in this document first - Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Then go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and sign in to edit any information on your AppleID, including the primary email address used as your userID. It’s also useful to set up a backup email if you have one and a backup telephone number as well.

When you edit the information there, you’re not creating a new AppleID just updating an existing one, so all Apple accounts, purchases and data tied to your AppleID remains unchanged and accessible. You’ll just use the new email address as your userID for logins.

Should I change my Apple ID to reflect a change in my email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.