Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find out if my Apple Watch series 4 can be connected to my phone carrier

Hello I am wondering how to find out if my apple watch series 4 can be connected to my phone carrier

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 10:21 AM

See here for supported carriers: Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

If your carrier is listed there, then it can support your watch.

Note that the watch must be the GPS+Cellular models. GPS only models cannot be connected to a cellular carrier.

4 replies

Jul 24, 2019 1:26 PM in response to janay22

Additional to the comments from Phil0124, Apple Watch LTE versions have specific hardware models for different cellular regions. If you purchased in the country you wish to use the watch that should not be a problem, but if you purchased in a different county it may not be compatible with your home country networks. In particular we see many problems reported by users who purchased while visiting USA (watch works in USA, Canada, Mexico) then getting failures when they get home to other countries. This is a hardware limitation and there is no way to work around or upgrade the watch for compatibility.

How to find out if my Apple Watch series 4 can be connected to my phone carrier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.