Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Walkie talkie invite/function STILL not working

Apple Watch with 5.3 and iPhone 6 plus with IOS 12.4 and still show : "xxxx is not available for walkie talkie. You can only chat with people who also have Apple Watch"...

I try everything, from reseting, re- installing, pair as new!

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 9:08 AM

My girlfriend and I have both updated our iPhone Xs and our watches to the latest software. I am currently running the WatchOS 5.3. We have ensured our facetime works, we confirmed that we are reachable by our apple IDs, reset our phones and watches and still cannot receive any invites. Previously we got the message that they must have an apple watch prior to updating our software, but now that we have updated we can send invites but the other person cannot see the invite.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2019 9:08 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

My girlfriend and I have both updated our iPhone Xs and our watches to the latest software. I am currently running the WatchOS 5.3. We have ensured our facetime works, we confirmed that we are reachable by our apple IDs, reset our phones and watches and still cannot receive any invites. Previously we got the message that they must have an apple watch prior to updating our software, but now that we have updated we can send invites but the other person cannot see the invite.

Jul 24, 2019 2:01 PM in response to magicluis

Hello magicluis,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I couldn't find anything from Apple officially, however I was able to find on the internet that Apple has disabled the Walkie Talkie feature for security purposes on or around July 11, 2019.

This feature was reintroduced on or around July 22, 2019 and would be available for everyone.

Walkie talkie invite/function STILL not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.