Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes asks to authorize my computer when trying to sync my iPhone.

I just upgraded to a new 2019 iMac. Tonight, I tried to backup my phone to my computer when using iTunes. I have previously authorized this computer to my iTunes account. When my phone tries to sync I get the following error message. "This computer is no longer authorized to play purchased items that are not he iPhone "iPhone". Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes store." When I click authorize, I get a dialog box with an incorrect Apple ID that I cannot change and my password is not accepted. I have tried reauthorizing my computer and my iPhone to my iTunes account, but I still get this error. Any suggestions?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 25, 2019 4:22 PM in response to turingtest2

I spent almost 2 hours with Apple support last night. That was one of several things that were tried, including deleting and resetting my privileges with no success. I have a telephone appointment with Apple software engineers tonight. I know the problem is in my new iMac. I checked this out by restarting my old iMac (2007 CoreDuo on El Capitan) and I was able to sync with iTunes with no difficulty. That tells me that my iTunes account is OK and that my iPhone is OK.

iTunes asks to authorize my computer when trying to sync my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.