Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Matching Apple ID with iTunes ID

My Apple ID doesn't match my iTunes ID so I cannot update anything, I tried to change my iTunes ID but it did not work. Is there anything you can do to help.

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 9:52 AM

Can you update if you use your iTunes ID? Purchases are tied to the ID used when making the purchase and can't be transferred. If you want to use your current ID in iTunes, but retain access to purchases made with the iTunes ID, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the 2 IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2019 9:52 AM in response to pavla112

Can you update if you use your iTunes ID? Purchases are tied to the ID used when making the purchase and can't be transferred. If you want to use your current ID in iTunes, but retain access to purchases made with the iTunes ID, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the 2 IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Matching Apple ID with iTunes ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.