Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Connect Login Endless Looping

I saw there was an issue in 2018 where the first time users went to submit a podcast, Connect would just loop them from the login screen - to the podcast Icon - and back to the login screen. I've spent 6 hours scouring the internet and can't find any resolution. Has anyone been able to successfully get past this Apple **** loop?

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 11:57 AM

18 replies

Jul 25, 2019 1:51 PM in response to unforesto

This is a recurrent bug which has affected a number of people. 'PeculiarFinds' (Error - Page Not Found - Apple Communityposted this possible solution though I don't know how effective it is likely to be:

Download the itunes app

Open itunes app

Mouse over "Account" on the top menu bar

Click on "sign in."  If you are already signed in then sign out and click on the "sign in" to sign in again.

It will take you to a login page.  Log in.

It will tell you something to the affect that you are a new user and aren't able to use all services yet or something like that

Follow the step by step prompts.  It will tell you something about a credit card but you don't have to enter one.  Just fill out your name and address and continue through the prompts.

It will tell you that you can now log into all of apple services

Open the podcasts screen in the itunes app

On the menu on the right click on "submit podcast"

It will take you to a login screen.  Log in

It will ask you to accept terms of service.  Accept it.

It will now take you to the podcast connect and you can submit your podcast.l

If it doesn't work then go into the itunes app, click on "account" again, and select "authorizations-->authorize this computer" and go through that process and then try all of these steps again.

podcasts connect is not sending me to the… - Apple Community

If this fails I would suggest reporting it Podcasts Support. Go to Overview - Podcasts - iTunes Connect Resources and Help and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

If that fails the next step is to contact Apple Support: Support

Don't present this as a podcasting problem - they don't handle those and will refer you to Podcasts Support (or give you an inaccurate answer judging by some people's experience). Present the problem as being the inability to access Podcasts Support.

Jul 26, 2019 5:54 AM in response to B_Marsh92

The “Senior Tech” i was transferred to said he didn’t even have a support email for podcasts so at least that’s something. If you hear back from them please let us know. This is extremely frustrating. I’m seeing threads from over a year ago and people were having the same issue. I don’t know if the issue was solved for them or they simply stopped trying. I can’t even respond to the threads because they’re locked by now. So please! i’d appreciate it if you updated us!

Jul 26, 2019 8:06 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Roger, when I follow your steps, I'm not even getting these events to occur:   

"It will tell you something to the affect that you are a new user and aren't able to use all services yet or something like that

Follow the step by step prompts.  It will tell you something about a credit card but you don't have to enter one.  Just fill out your name and address and continue through the prompts. It will tell you that you can now log into all of apple services."

Once I hit sign-in again, I'm just signed in again with no extra messages. This seems like it should be a rather simple fix for Apple, especially if it has occurred before. Seems to me like it's more them being ignorant/lazy than anything. Lots of people having the same problem would make you think they'd prioritize it. Guess not.

Jul 27, 2019 5:23 PM in response to beck1077

I contacted regular Apple Support 2 times and they sent me the email address for podcast support. Before I contacted podcast support, however, I found a thread on another site that said just getting someone at Apple to look at your Apple ID fixed it for some people.

I logged back in and sure enough, was able to get in and submit my feed.

My best advice before you go down the troubleshooting rabbit hole? Complain so you can get anyone at Apple to look at your Apple ID. That seems to be the magic trick.

Podcast Connect Login Endless Looping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.