Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weird screen glitch leaving me extremely worried!

hello everyone,

i’m just going to get right into it here as this problem is super concerning for me for multiple reasons.

to begin, I only bought this MacBook Pro a fortnight ago (if that). It’s one of the 13” 2019 models, the base model with 256GB storage.

i am a huge Apple fan. for me (until now), their products have always been incredibly reliable, classy and efficient, hence why I purchased a MacBook instead of a Windows laptop for my upcoming Uni course.

Uni starts next week, and I’ve just spent $2,300 on this device which are the two main reasons this sudden problem is scaring the crap out of me. I can’t afford to buy another; can barely afford repairs if necessary and if the laptop needs to be sent away for repairs or anything like that, this is something I cannot afford as it is crucial for my studies.

so this issue has happened in 3 locations (that I’ve noticed anyways): 1. when logging in at the user login screen. 2. watching videos full screen on safari. and 3. playing my favorite game Hearthstone on full screen (a game that has little to no system requirements and is easily ran by a system as powerful as an MBP). Below, I have managed to take some photos of it occurring when playing Hearthstone. Oddly, this graphical glitch doesn’t occur on Hearthstone unless I put much cursor to the top of the screen bringing up the taskbar.

if there are any known fixes for this glitch or anything you guys could tell me to assist me, I would appreciate it. life is about to get busy and I need my MacBook by my side working as it should throughout it.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 5:57 AM

temperamentaltyrant- wrote:

to begin, I only bought this MacBook Pro a fortnight ago (if that).

If you bought it less than a fortnight ago, I suggest you return it to Apple for a full refund and purchase another. You have a 14 day window to do this. Otherwise, you have 90 days of free telephone support, I suggest you use that to open a ticket.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2019 5:57 AM in response to temperamentaltyrant-

temperamentaltyrant- wrote:

to begin, I only bought this MacBook Pro a fortnight ago (if that).

If you bought it less than a fortnight ago, I suggest you return it to Apple for a full refund and purchase another. You have a 14 day window to do this. Otherwise, you have 90 days of free telephone support, I suggest you use that to open a ticket.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

weird screen glitch leaving me extremely worried!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.