Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extremely slow to non-existence cellular connection with iOS 12.4

I mostly use Wi-Fi, but I've noticed that when on cellular only, the connection is extremely slow if I can get a connection at all. I'm with AT&T and I'm getting 3 bars at 5GE. I've contacted AT&T, spent about an hour with them on the phone, but no difference. This became really bad around the time I updated my phone to iOS 12.4, but I'm not sure if it's related since I'm mostly on Wi-Fi and noticed this probably 7-10 days after updating to iOS 12.4.

Any one else getting bars but also getting No Internet messages?

Thanks.

Anthony

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 10:04 AM

8 replies

Jul 26, 2019 4:57 PM in response to twillia1969

twillia1969 wrote:

Wow, what a great response.

I don’t recall exactly when iOS 12.4 came out and that wasn’t the main point. As as I said I mostly use Wi-Fi (like 95% of the time) and since updating to iOS 12.4 I’ve been having this problem.

It was a reasonable question, because if the problem occurred 7-10 days ago it clearly had nothing to do with iOS 12.4.

What troubleshooting have you done so far? Here's a list of standard troubleshooting steps to try:

Jul 27, 2019 4:25 PM in response to rakhairfan

I found a solution to my problem. While I had rebooted the phone (iPhone X) multiple times and reset the network settings a couple of times, it wasn’t until I did a HARD reboot that the problem went away.

On an iPhone X you do a hard reboot by...

1) press and release the volume up button

2) press and release the volume down button

3) press and hold the sleep/wake button until the slide to power off option is available

4) slide to power off the phone

5) power it back on as you normally would

Once I did this the cellular connection was back to normal.

Extremely slow to non-existence cellular connection with iOS 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.