Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Battery Percentage

Hello! I have had my iPod touch 6th generation for about 2 years, and when I first got it I noticed something wrong with the battery percentage, it would say I was at 100 percent, but then when I unplug it, it will drop to like 50. It does this a lot. I was wondering if there was a fix without restoring it.

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 11:29 AM

6 replies

Aug 3, 2019 5:23 AM in response to Community User

There are several points to bear in mind about the battery indicator.

First of all, when the battery is fully charged, it states "Fully charged" on the screen and this is different to 100%! Yes, I know, not terribly intuitive, is it?

So it may be that the battery is not actually fully charged, despite saying 100%.

• Next, there are several tips for reducing unnecessary battery consumption. See this Apple article: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple
  • There are videos on YouTube that have suggestions for this as well. Search for "iPod battery drain fix". Not sure whether I'm allowed to put a link here to a specific video, but I found one that runs for 15 minutes (and zero seconds) particularly useful. As an example:
    • if you use the default setting for emails, it will have Push turned on. What that does is maintain a permanent connection to your email server, looking for new emails. But that uses power. So turning Push off will help increase battery life. (Settings/Passwords & Accounts/Fetch New Data>Off)
    • Background App Refresh also uses battery power. So turn it off for things you do not need. (Settings/General/Background App Refresh)

Aug 3, 2019 5:03 AM in response to Elitegate

Actually, the 6th generation iPod Touch does have a battery percentage indicator. It's a widget that you can add to the notifications screen.

• Swipe right to display the leftmost screen. (Tapping the Home button only takes you to the Home screen; from there you need to swipe right):

• Next, scroll down the page to find the Edit button. Tap on Edit:

You will now see the Add Widgets screen, which displays the existing widgets (left screenshot in combined picture below). Scroll down to find more widgets (right screenshot in picture below). Add Batteries:

The status of the battery will now been seen on the notifications screen:

... and here's something else. Notice all that blank space in the Batteries panel and the fact that the header says "batteries" in plural? Some Bluetooth devices can send battery status information back to the iPod, which can then be shown in this panel.

iPod Battery Percentage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.