Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 audio not working

My iPhone 8 has not been picking up audio on the camera app. When I video with Snapchat it works just fine but the camera app only picks up muffled audio with mainly fuzz. Phone calls and FaceTime work fine as well as the ringer and all other audio besides the camera. I have tried a few solutions I found online without much luck.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 12:41 PM

If your microphone works in all apps except the camera app, this could mean a few things:

1. Is the sound not correct when you use specifically the front or the rear camera? Or is audio not sounding correct on both cameras.
  2. The iphone has 4 microphones. One in the reciever, one between the camera and flash, and a pair on the bottom of the phone.
  3. Siri uses the mic inside the reciever, see if she can understand you.
  4. To test the bottom Mic(s), use voice memos to record and speak. Test results
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2019 12:41 PM in response to megan1141

If your microphone works in all apps except the camera app, this could mean a few things:

1. Is the sound not correct when you use specifically the front or the rear camera? Or is audio not sounding correct on both cameras.
  2. The iphone has 4 microphones. One in the reciever, one between the camera and flash, and a pair on the bottom of the phone.
  3. Siri uses the mic inside the reciever, see if she can understand you.
  4. To test the bottom Mic(s), use voice memos to record and speak. Test results

iPhone 8 audio not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.