Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch not repairing

I just updated my apple watch. When it was finished, I put it on my wrist and a message saying “too many passcode attempts. Reset apple watch and pair again” popped up and is still up. After trying numerous times to repair it it will not pair at all. it says to put it on and place is in the screen and nothing happens. and there is no “i” for me to click on to pair it manually.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 5:18 PM

Your watch must be correctly erased before you can pair again, but the Reset message still present tells me it has not been erased. When it has been erased the Reset message would disappear and you would get the regular setup screens.

Use the second procedure (watch alone) in If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support to erase the watch (again?). You will need charger power on the watch and you might find you have to hold buttons through the passcode screen, that is normal just ignore the screen and keep pressing until the screens shown in the support doc appear.

If you need to call Apple’s support ignore the generic contact page posted above and go direct to the support options using link Contact Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2019 5:18 PM in response to ChloeH002

Your watch must be correctly erased before you can pair again, but the Reset message still present tells me it has not been erased. When it has been erased the Reset message would disappear and you would get the regular setup screens.

Use the second procedure (watch alone) in If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support to erase the watch (again?). You will need charger power on the watch and you might find you have to hold buttons through the passcode screen, that is normal just ignore the screen and keep pressing until the screens shown in the support doc appear.

If you need to call Apple’s support ignore the generic contact page posted above and go direct to the support options using link Contact Support

apple watch not repairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.