Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Original Apple Watch not performing anymore

Hi folks, I have an original Apple Watch in stainless steel that I love. Suddenly it is not working well. It won’t allow me to enter the passcode so it doesn’t show my fitness numbers or other features, just shows the time. The battery also dies quickly. I’m wondering if this is a functional issue with this oldest of Apple watches or that it needs a new battery. Any ideas out there?

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:56 AM

If the battery health is at 80% or near then a replacement battery is recommended,the battery would seem to be the culprit here in such an old watch.

Options?

Upgrade the watch or check these pages;

watch Repair

And;

watch Service Pricing

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 29, 2021 6:54 AM in response to Cmduffy33

It's a very old watch at this point and the little batteries in them age over time. I'd schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation and options. Personally, I wouldn't invest in such an out of date watch. It can't run any of the newest Apple WatchOS versions at this point. I'd use the money it might cost for your current watch and apply it towards a more modern, newer Apple Watch.

Original Apple Watch not performing anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.