Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo slideshow arrangement of slides

When adding photos to a slideshow which is being created, sometimes a few jump from the back to the front, and when drawn to the back again, immediately jump back to the front. Any suggestions, please?

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 11:16 PM

Which slideshow theme are you using? Only the very basic themes "Classic" and "Ken Burns" allow to arrange the photos freely on the slides. If you use the elaborate themes with more than one photos per slide, the sequence of slide templates is fixed. And Photos will rearrange your photos slightly to fit the photo place holders on the templates. You cannot drag a photo to any position.

What sometimes will work is to start from an album when creating a slideshow. Arrange the photos in the album in exactly the sequence you want. Then select the album in the sidebar (do not select a photo in the album), ctrl-click the album, then use the command "Create > slideshow > Apple" from the contextual menu. Usually this will preserve the sequence of photos as well as possible.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2019 11:16 PM in response to P2E

Which slideshow theme are you using? Only the very basic themes "Classic" and "Ken Burns" allow to arrange the photos freely on the slides. If you use the elaborate themes with more than one photos per slide, the sequence of slide templates is fixed. And Photos will rearrange your photos slightly to fit the photo place holders on the templates. You cannot drag a photo to any position.

What sometimes will work is to start from an album when creating a slideshow. Arrange the photos in the album in exactly the sequence you want. Then select the album in the sidebar (do not select a photo in the album), ctrl-click the album, then use the command "Create > slideshow > Apple" from the contextual menu. Usually this will preserve the sequence of photos as well as possible.

Jul 26, 2019 11:33 PM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie.

Thank you for your prompt and helpful suggestions, which I will try.

I use only the Classic theme, but I have been selecting 8 or 10 photos, arranging them, and then doing the same again. I have been dragging the selected group into the slideshow name on the sidebar, not using the "add photos" button each time, and I will try using that too.

I particularly like your suggestion of doing the whole thing in album form first. Regards Peter

Aug 15, 2019 4:49 AM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie

Thank you so much for your advice- you successfully solved my issue. Arranging the photos in the album in exactly the sequence wanted, then selecting the album in the sidebar (not selecting a photo in the album), ctrl-clicking the album, then using the command "Create > slideshow > Apple" from the contextual menu preserved the sequence of photos first time.

I am very grateful . Regards Peter. 

Photo slideshow arrangement of slides

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.