Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Keeping photos in order when creating a slide show

This is a frequent question--but the old answer no longer works--at least for me.

I'm trying to create a slide show in a certain order.

PHOTOS keeps changing the order--even though I use the technique of control clicking the album

and choosing CREATE SLIDESHOW via that path.

Nevertheless, it changes the order.

Does Apple deliberately not fix this problem?

GRRRR.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 11:04 AM

After testing the old user tip and other testing I've found that the order when Control (right) - clicking on the album is by the EXIF Capture date - oldest first. I've tried exporting, renaming and reimporting but with the same results.

All tests ended ups with the sort order in the slideshow to be by the EXIF Capture date - oldest first.😔

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2023 11:04 AM in response to léonie

After testing the old user tip and other testing I've found that the order when Control (right) - clicking on the album is by the EXIF Capture date - oldest first. I've tried exporting, renaming and reimporting but with the same results.

All tests ended ups with the sort order in the slideshow to be by the EXIF Capture date - oldest first.😔

Jul 8, 2023 6:55 AM in response to DiscerningOne

Add the photos one-by-one, as you go, and do not use a theme with more than one photo per slide. If you are using a them with a sequence of different templates, Photos will rearrange your photos for a best fit to to fill the templates and it is like herding cats to rearrange the photos.

I am keeping the slideshows short, to make it easier to scroll when fixing the sequence of the slides.

Keeping photos in order when creating a slide show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.