Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo order not preserved in "create slideshow"---Photos in High Sierra or Mojave

This was posted a few years back...

"If I play a slideshow from an album it is in the order I set. If I say Play Slideshow from that album it plays as a random mess. How do I get the order I want?"

In either OS I have the following circumstance

Create album-Photos recognize the date taken and provide them in logical order. In fact you can change the sort order if you choose.

Within Album "Play Slideshow" and you get a slideshow which respects the sort order.

Now from within the album-"Create Slideshow" and the sort order is ignored.

In my case I have a 124 photo slide show which has no sense of dates. A PIA to reorganize...

Anyone have an Apple App alternative? Slideshows in iPhoto were far more robust...

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 11:00 AM

This user tip describes how to preserve the order: How to turn an Album into a Slideshow and preserve the sorting. However, it only works for the Classic and Ken Burns themes.

The other themes, which use multiple images in a slide take what fits best and uses them.

2 replies

Photo order not preserved in "create slideshow"---Photos in High Sierra or Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.