Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X problem with moisture - iPhone shut down

I was in national park in Croatia, Plitvicka Jezera. My iPhone shut down after just 1 hour after i was recording waterfall, taking selfie etc. I though I have problem with battery i send my phone to T-com service and they send shooking message that my iPhone can't be fixed and they are offering me new iPhone X for 700$ even though my iPhone X is just 8months old. They told me that my iPhone is destroyed by liquid even though it had 0 contact with water. I think problem is in mooisture. What I can do that my insurance works in this situtation. I'm so sad, I'm still paying my iPhone and now they can't fix my phone and they are only offering me to buy new one.... :(

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 7:52 AM

Hi Tomislav I understand your concern, however you should refer to T-Com Service if you don't agree with the inspection provided.

You can also bring the iPhone to the nearest Apple Store or Apple Retail Store in order to ask to make a new inspection.

About Water and Dust Resistance on iPhone 7 and later I think you should read this:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

The only way to understand if the device has liquid damage or not is in any case to make a physical inspection of the device. You say it was MOINSTURE (maybe) but the repair service says "LIQUID DAMAGE".

The only help you can find here is an answer to your questions, for sure I am not able to warranty a replacement in warranty nor buy you a new iPhone. Please understand I am only answering to your question, for sure I cannot replace your iPhone. At this point I suggest you to speak directly with whom has inspected physically the device or bring the device to an Official Apple Store.

About your statement: "If you don't help I will start to use Samsung or Huawei"... don't know what to say except to read what is displayed at the bottom of this page:

• This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.

Regards

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2019 7:52 AM in response to tomislav96

Hi Tomislav I understand your concern, however you should refer to T-Com Service if you don't agree with the inspection provided.

You can also bring the iPhone to the nearest Apple Store or Apple Retail Store in order to ask to make a new inspection.

About Water and Dust Resistance on iPhone 7 and later I think you should read this:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

The only way to understand if the device has liquid damage or not is in any case to make a physical inspection of the device. You say it was MOINSTURE (maybe) but the repair service says "LIQUID DAMAGE".

The only help you can find here is an answer to your questions, for sure I am not able to warranty a replacement in warranty nor buy you a new iPhone. Please understand I am only answering to your question, for sure I cannot replace your iPhone. At this point I suggest you to speak directly with whom has inspected physically the device or bring the device to an Official Apple Store.

About your statement: "If you don't help I will start to use Samsung or Huawei"... don't know what to say except to read what is displayed at the bottom of this page:

• This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.

Regards

Jul 27, 2019 4:05 AM in response to tomislav96

Sorry to hear that, but this seems to be related to Accidental Liquid Damage on iPhone:

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204104

Depending of the Terms and Conditions of your insurance this could be covered or not, but to know more about it you should refer to them.

If you have Apple Care + for iPhone though you are covered for 2 incidents at a more convenient price.

AppleCare+ for iPhone

https://www.apple.com/ie/support/products/iphone.html

Jul 27, 2019 7:08 AM in response to gaetanotuf

No it is not related with accidental liquid damage. My iPhone, I repeat it had 0 contact with water or any liquid it looks like iPhone had very bad protection against moisture and this is not cheap phone to shut down after moinsture in air. How is that possible ? And on apple page they said it is resist against water but iPhone couldn't even resist MOINSTURE I'm so dissapointed with Apple and iPhone, after I had 3 types of iPhones for about 7 years, all my family members have iPhone, MacBook, iPod but this is the first time if You don't help that I will start to you samsung or huawei... I can't afford it new iPhone + I still need to pay around 30$ a month for next 16months for iPhone X, mobile that I can't use anymore.... :(

iPhone X problem with moisture - iPhone shut down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.