Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad software update

I have an iPad 2 model number A1396 and it is currently running IOS 9.3.5.

what I would like to know is if there is a software update for this iPad and if not will is still be able to use FaceTime. I have been trying and it seems to have trouble connecting.

kind regards,

Ernie

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 11:42 AM

The iPad 2 cannot be updated beyond iOS 9.3.5 unless its the cellular model which got an update to iOS 9.3.6 a couple of days ago.

Facetime however is still supported on Wifi on an iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5 or iOS 9.3.6, but not on cellular on either iOS version.

See here: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Scroll down to the bottom for the footnotes. .

See here for some troubleshooting options: If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2019 11:42 AM in response to ErnieH1

The iPad 2 cannot be updated beyond iOS 9.3.5 unless its the cellular model which got an update to iOS 9.3.6 a couple of days ago.

Facetime however is still supported on Wifi on an iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5 or iOS 9.3.6, but not on cellular on either iOS version.

See here: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Scroll down to the bottom for the footnotes. .

See here for some troubleshooting options: If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

IPad software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.