Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find non proxy media clips?

I have a library that I imported media to, but did not check the "proxy media" checkbox. For the next import of media I did check the "proxy media" checkbox. Now I want to transcode the non-proxy clips to "proxy". How do I locate only the non-proxy clips? Can I select all of them (non and proxied) and do a Transcode to proxy? Will the ones that are already converted be skipped, or will it try to re-transcode all of them? Sorry if this seems confusing.

MacBook

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 1:07 AM

Select Proxy from the View Menu. When you inspect the Event browser, all the clips that aren't proxy will be the red Missing Proxy icon. You can select all the red icon clips in the Event Browser, then right click on one of them and Transcode Media. FCPX will transcode all of the selected clips and as they are transcoded, the normal clip thumbnail will appear.

HTH

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2019 1:07 AM in response to Alfredo Jahn

Select Proxy from the View Menu. When you inspect the Event browser, all the clips that aren't proxy will be the red Missing Proxy icon. You can select all the red icon clips in the Event Browser, then right click on one of them and Transcode Media. FCPX will transcode all of the selected clips and as they are transcoded, the normal clip thumbnail will appear.

HTH

How to find non proxy media clips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.