Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac running slowly for the past three weeks

My late 2015 27" iMac running 10.14.5, 4 GHz i7, 32 GB RAM has been a pig for the last three weeks. The beachball is spinning and everything takes an age to open, every window lags, even key strokes take a while to catch up, and the last straw is that Tetris hangs up! Not good.

I know I have two virus checkers, as I installed Malwarebytes today trying to get rid of some junk. Funny thing is that Symantec claims I don't have an account.

Here is the EtreCheck Report:

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 9:01 PM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2019 10:38 PM in response to Lula999

I'll start by telling you a bit about Mac OS. Mac OS is extremely secure and in order to remain so ONLY needs to be kept up-to-date and otherwise left alone. You have installed Symantec AV, one of the most crippling apps you could have possibly installed. Sorry to sound dramatic, but these forums are full of reports of users that have it installed and some users have systems that can barely run. It also potentially damages Mac OS. Please locate the developers uninstall instructions for Symantec and please uninstall. Malwarbytes although likely unnecessary will not hurt your system and should simply be kept up-to-date.

iMac running slowly for the past three weeks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.