Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free App???

Last year I downloaded an app and was going to use it for my genealogy photo scanning and then I got a second job and they never did. I have had trouble downloading free apps that ever cents and I just found out that this app is holding my phone hostage in some kind of subscription thing for $12. I never signed up for a subscription to it but I can’t seem to remove it. HELP

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 7:47 AM

4 replies

Jul 28, 2019 8:08 AM in response to SubscriptionHostage

You can cancel the subscription at any time by following the steps above.

However, if it tried to charge your payment method and was unable to for any reason you now owe Apple that money and you must make it so the payment can complete. You are obligated to clear any pending charges you may have before you can make use of the iTunes & App Store services including downloading free apps.

Verify your payment method, let it complete the subscription payment you already owe, cancel the subscription as explained in the link above and then request a refund from Apple for it by filling in this form: iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support

You should then be able to again make use of the store services, and download free apps again normally.

Free App???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.