Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari repeatedly displays message "Webpage is reloaded due to an error" but webpage does not appear.

When opening any webpage with Safari, V12.1.1, at my iMac, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, the website does not open. After selecting Display > Load page again, the message "This page is reloaded due to an error" is repeatedly displayed.

My internet is allright, my mail is working and I can open all these pages in Google Chrome without any problem, but Safari is my default web browser with all my bookmarks, and is synchronized with my Macbook and iPhone. It is working allright at the Macbook which has same version of operation system installed.

Can anybody tell me how to solve this problem??

Thank you in advance.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 10:24 AM

Are you running any anti-virus programs?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2019 10:24 AM in response to jhv42

Are you running any anti-virus programs?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Jul 29, 2019 9:20 AM in response to jhv42

You are welcome. Sometimes logging out of an account and back in or restarting the computer helps because it causes everything to reload. A reset of the account.

You evidently have an application, CS5, installed that needs the older Java runtime installed. If you aren't using that application, you can ignore it. Of you can install it to remove the message.

Java for OS X 2017-001 

Jul 29, 2019 9:10 AM in response to Eric Root

Dear Eric,

Yes, I am running an anti-virus program: Malware byte.

As requested a new admin account was set up.

Could not use Safari in this account: it does not open at all when clicking.

Stopped my exercise yesterday and reopened today.

Still cannot open Safari in the new admin account.

Logged in into my original admin account and found that Safari is working correctly, so it looks as if the problem is solved.

Can you give me an indication what caused the problem and what I have to do in case the problem reappears.

May be not related to the above problem, but for your information, when my system restarts I always get a little pane with the following message:

"to open the CS5 Service manager the old Java SE-6 runtime must be installed" with two buttons on the bottom:

"Click for more info" and "OK". Can I neglect that??

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Safari repeatedly displays message "Webpage is reloaded due to an error" but webpage does not appear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.