Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using US QWERTY smart folio keyboard for other languages

Dear community,

I am very much used to write in US QWERTY setup in different languages on my Macbook pro. In other words, my keyboard layout is US-Qwerty but the selected language is "Turkish Q - Legacy". Whenever I need a special character of Turkish, I keep pressing on the key and on the screen, the special character options popup asking me to choose it by pressing into number keys (check the screenshot please)

I am about to order an ipad smart folio keyboard for my 11" pro but I am not sure if I can have the same option of using Turkish on a US-QWERTY smart keyboard.

Can someone please help me?

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 5:59 AM

Hello,

Special characters can be typed by pressing ⌥ (Option) + the desired letter. This is something you’ll have to press around with on the keyboard to find out which key activates the special character you want. For instance ⌥ + N activates the spanish ñ

4 replies

Jul 29, 2019 6:27 AM in response to memomedfish

memomedfish wrote:

Whenever I need a special character of Turkish, I keep pressing on the key and on the screen, the special character options popup asking me to choose it by pressing into number keys (check the screenshot please)

As far as I know, that feature is not available when using hardware bluetooth keyboards. You have to make special characters via the option key or other means.

Using US QWERTY smart folio keyboard for other languages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.