Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

different language external keyboard

Hey guys,

I'm trying to add an external keyboard in Turkish, but when I try adding/connecting it, it doesn't give me the option to add a Turkish keyboard. Instead, I get the options of English, Europe, and Japanese layouts.

Any idea how I can manually choose or get it to read as the correct language?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 4:08 AM

Hi,

Following tip could help your question.

About Default Languages and External Keyboards

To do this, click the "Apple" menu, click "System Preferences," click "Keyboard" and then click "Input Sources." Click the "+" icon and select the language of the new keyboard.

2 replies

Feb 27, 2020 4:56 AM in response to kitkatwong

kitkatwong wrote: when I try adding/connecting it, it doesn't give me the option to add a Turkish keyboard. Instead, I get the options of English, Europe, and Japanese layouts.

Those options refer to the number of keys on the hardware. Turkish and other European keyboards use the "Europe" (ISO) option.

To have what is printed on the keys match what appears on the screen, you need to go elsewhere and add a Turkish input source as kaz-k mentioned.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/type-language-mac-input-sources-mchlp1406/10.14/mac/10.14

different language external keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.