Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WI-FI Calling on Linksys

I have an iPhone 7+ with o2 as my provider (mobile), and PlusNet as my service provider. With the existing PlusNet router, I get WI-FI Calling fine. I have since moved to a Linksys EA8500 router.

I’ve found that UDP ports 500 and 4500 are used for WIFI Calling, but after talking to Linksys and entered the port (forward) details it’s still not working.

Has anyone had any success in configuring the Linksys to work with WIFI Calling?

Any help appreciated.

Martin.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 4:00 AM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2019 5:07 AM in response to s'Mart

Those ports are not Apple specific though. Those ports are used with all carriers for all WiFi calling. On any consumer router, there is no reason for UDP 500 and 4500 to be blocked by default in the first place, so not sure why they would be on your Linksys. Nobody should have to do anything with their default consumer router for WiFi calling other than enable WiFi calling on their cell phone. My netgear and current ASUS AC5300 just worked for AT&T WiFi calling - I did nothing to configure them for it.

You should also have TCP 143 open, according to AT&T’s forum support, but again, it shouldn’t be blocked by default anyway.

In the Linksys community forums though it does seem people have issues with Linksys routers? Have you searched Linksys’ own community forums - a web search comes up with several posts about it, although from what I see, not everybody is able to resolved it.

WI-FI Calling on Linksys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.