Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi calling on Verizon iPhone 5s running iOS 12.4

Does anyone have work around to get wi-fi calling on 5s with Verizon carrier and iOS 12.4 or later? Wi-fi calling is not showing up at all, neither under settings>cellular nor settings>phone. Also having problem maintaining wi-fi connection even with phone right next to router. Having none of these problems with iPhone 6s on same wi-fi network and with same carrier, Verizon, and iOS.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 9:38 PM

Hello!

It should be available as long as Verizon offers Wi-Fi calling on your plan and you have an iPhone 5c or later. Have you tried connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or resetting the Network Settings? Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This can remove your Wi-Fi saved password.

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2019 9:38 PM in response to Andy B Mac

Hello!

It should be available as long as Verizon offers Wi-Fi calling on your plan and you have an iPhone 5c or later. Have you tried connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or resetting the Network Settings? Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This can remove your Wi-Fi saved password.

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling

Oct 16, 2019 4:40 AM in response to brittier8

I am having the same issue. I have a 6sPlus. I have reset my network settings about 6 times in the last 3 days. Nothing seems to keep the wifi calling settings on. I live in a place where my carrier does not have reception at all. So I depend on the wifi calling to communicate with family and friends. I can use messenger thru facebook just fine, because I am connected to the wifi for internet. All those capabilities are working fine. Just not the most important. I hope APPLE can fix this bug soon.

Wi-Fi calling on Verizon iPhone 5s running iOS 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.