Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screenshot preview

Hey,

I just wanted to complain about the screenshot preview. I use the screenshot option constantly for work (won't elaborate) but since recent updates (I am now using Mojave), there is a preview of the screenshot. I have to wait until it disappears to take a new screenshot. It is very frustrating and for those who need to work fast, waiting some seconds for each screenshot is too long.

After some research I found out that there is no way to change settings and have no preview.

Margarita

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 4:04 AM

Actually, it turns out you can control this.

This should totally resolve your issue:

Press Command-Shift-5 and in the screen capture window that appears look below it and there is an "Options" button where you can disable the "Show Floating Thumbnail" option.

You can now take rapid-fire screenshots without worrying about the thumbnail interfering with your next screenshot.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2019 4:04 AM in response to margarita229

Actually, it turns out you can control this.

This should totally resolve your issue:

Press Command-Shift-5 and in the screen capture window that appears look below it and there is an "Options" button where you can disable the "Show Floating Thumbnail" option.

You can now take rapid-fire screenshots without worrying about the thumbnail interfering with your next screenshot.

screenshot preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.