Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get to Screenshot app "Options" in Mojave to change where grabs are saved?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361 implies one can simply open the app and the options are available. However, when I open the app it immediately gives me a capture box and everything else on the screen is grayed out and there is no obvious way to click on "Screenshot" for any menu which might include "options" or "settings." I want to change where images saved. There must be a way to change that.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 3:01 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 3, 2020 1:39 PM in response to Barney-15E

No. I use the Screenshot icon. However, when I use cmd-shft-5, I get the same thing: a box for designating the section of the screen to grab. No app bar appears at the top of the screen, and everything outside the grab box is greyed out. If I press enter, the screen shot is made and the image is temporarily on my desktop. When I click on that, I get the box shown here, but that doesn't offer any options or settings, and none are offered anywhere else on the computer screen. As somepoint, Dropbox must have asked me if I want default saving of screenshots to be Dpbx, so that is where I find them. If I want to change that default to my desktop, how do I do that?

Aug 3, 2020 1:45 PM in response to longtimeuser

The shift+command+5 keyboard shortcut opens a nearly invisible panel somewhere between the bottom and the lower-left corner of the screen. It has an Options menu that is readily accessible, that allows you to designate where the screen shot is written. It will open that distracting capture box so you don't look near the bottom of your screen for the control panel.

How do I get to Screenshot app "Options" in Mojave to change where grabs are saved?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.