Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini3 with ios12 problem

Once I updated ios12 to my mini ipad3, the screen went black / gray every time I unlocked the ipad from locked/ covered the ipad. This makes me to restart every time after locking the ipad.

I also tried to update/restart/reset/restore the ipad but these did’t work and also lost my crucial document on my ipad despite backing up to the computer.

the problem didn’t happen when I used the old version of ios, 9 and 10

Does anyone encounter this problem? And how you fixed it?

Thank you

iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 4:53 AM

Any further iOS 12 updates will be the iPad Mini 2 and 3 models’ last updates.

The iPad Air 1, iPad Mini 2 and 3 will NOT be getting the upcoming iOS 13/iPadOS.

iOS 12 is it for your iPad Mini 3.

Since you seem to exhausted all of the possible fixes/solutions, I would now advise you brinig your iPad Mini 3 into your nearest, “local” Apple Store for diagnosis, evaluation and potential options.

Best of Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2019 4:53 AM in response to sea-w

Any further iOS 12 updates will be the iPad Mini 2 and 3 models’ last updates.

The iPad Air 1, iPad Mini 2 and 3 will NOT be getting the upcoming iOS 13/iPadOS.

iOS 12 is it for your iPad Mini 3.

Since you seem to exhausted all of the possible fixes/solutions, I would now advise you brinig your iPad Mini 3 into your nearest, “local” Apple Store for diagnosis, evaluation and potential options.

Best of Luck to You!

ipad mini3 with ios12 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.