Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find Alchemy in Logic Pro X?

So, I just got Logic Pro X, and I'm excited to use the alchemy synth, so when I go to the left and click on the drop down where Audio Units and plugins are listed, I can't find them. The only options are the normal AU's (all of which are those useless Apple ones), and the basic plugins that you can also get in GB. In screenshots and videos showing Alchemy, when they hit the drop down, Alchemy and other synths are listed above Plugins and AU's, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 11:04 PM

Hello!

To to get started with using alchemy, you’ll want to click on the + icon on the main window.

(you can see what all the main window includes by holding ‘command’ and then pressing ‘1’ on your keyboard, or through the window option on your Logic Pro X menu bar.)

after clicking the + , you can select what kind of strip you want to create, as well as make selections about input and instruments.

On this window and with the ‘Software Instrument’ option selected, you can select what you want your default instrument to be.

click create, and your strip will be created with the options you chose.

Next: open up a software instrument.

Make sure inspector is open, and click the i icon on the top left of the main window if need be.

In the inspector, you’ll see the name of the instrument you have selected.

When you bring your pointer over the blue box that has the instrument name, you’ll see it change. The power icon turns the plug-in or instrument off and on. The sliders indicate the part to click to open the software, and the up down arrows indicate to open the menu of all available software. This is used for changing a track after you create it.

Click on the middle part of the blue box, and you’re on your way to Alchemical wonderland.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2019 11:04 PM in response to pranavtur

Hello!

To to get started with using alchemy, you’ll want to click on the + icon on the main window.

(you can see what all the main window includes by holding ‘command’ and then pressing ‘1’ on your keyboard, or through the window option on your Logic Pro X menu bar.)

after clicking the + , you can select what kind of strip you want to create, as well as make selections about input and instruments.

On this window and with the ‘Software Instrument’ option selected, you can select what you want your default instrument to be.

click create, and your strip will be created with the options you chose.

Next: open up a software instrument.

Make sure inspector is open, and click the i icon on the top left of the main window if need be.

In the inspector, you’ll see the name of the instrument you have selected.

When you bring your pointer over the blue box that has the instrument name, you’ll see it change. The power icon turns the plug-in or instrument off and on. The sliders indicate the part to click to open the software, and the up down arrows indicate to open the menu of all available software. This is used for changing a track after you create it.

Click on the middle part of the blue box, and you’re on your way to Alchemical wonderland.

Cheers!

How do I find Alchemy in Logic Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.