Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An update is required to use Cellura data and SIM card error

For almost a week i have been experiencing issues using my phone because it keeps showing "An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone" . I cant call or text anyone. It started about a week after I traveled to Uzbekistan and changed to a local SIM, also it may have started after the new update. Phone is unlocked and not atached to any carrier in the US. It starts to work after several restarts or network resets and then after a day goes off again.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 12:18 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 30, 2019 2:34 PM in response to evelinad27

Hi evelinad27,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the iPhone requires a carrier update to continue working. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting to solve this issue. Even though there is a chance that you've tried these steps already, I would recommend you follow every step and let us know if the issue persists.

"You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps:

1. Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
  2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier. To see additional carrier information, tap the version number."

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

An update is required to use Cellura data and SIM card error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.