Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppHostInfoUpdater quit unexpectedly

Getting this message repeatedly on my Mid 2015 MacBook Pro - seemed to have started when I upgraded to Mojave 10.14.6

The message refers to: /Library/Printers/Lexmark/Utilities.localized/AppHostInfoUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/AppHostInfoUpdater

But I have not had an Lexmark printers on the network for at least 5 years, and do not see this path in the library.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 6:46 AM

Hello woodsfortysix,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're repeatedly receiving an alert about AppHostInfoUpdater on your MacBook Pro. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, check and make sure all Lexmark software has been removed from your Mac. If the issue persists, test in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the issue persists, test in another user account. This will help determine if the issue is user specific or system wide.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include additional error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2019 6:46 AM in response to woodsfortysix

Hello woodsfortysix,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're repeatedly receiving an alert about AppHostInfoUpdater on your MacBook Pro. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, check and make sure all Lexmark software has been removed from your Mac. If the issue persists, test in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the issue persists, test in another user account. This will help determine if the issue is user specific or system wide.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include additional error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Sep 15, 2019 6:53 PM in response to woodsfortysix

I experienced the same problem, seeing the "AppHostInfoUpdater quit unexpectedly" message repeatedly on macOS 10.14.6 on an iMac 18,2. Moving the /Library/Preferences/Printers/Lexmark folder to the trash fixed the problem. Thanks for the tip.

I was not able to restart the Mac in Safe Mode using the instructions in the link . Fortunately, I didn't need Safe Mode to see and get rid of the folder.

AppHostInfoUpdater quit unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.