Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery health

I have an iPhone 7, it’s battery health is too low can i change my device? my device warranty remaining to october 2019

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 2:46 AM

12 replies

Jul 31, 2019 10:35 AM in response to achntha

What's the battery health? If it's under 80% while still under warranty and it's under their rated 500 charge-discharge cycles, it should be replaced under warranty.

The entire device isn't likely to be replaced under warranty, although I've heard of that happening on occasion when it was easier than actually replacing the battery. In those cases the customer needs a backup to restore to the new device.

Aug 1, 2019 10:48 AM in response to achntha

That's not eligible for a warranty replacement. I know it sounds kind of low, but after about 10 months that's not unusual. If you really want to, you can request a battery replacement at the standard fee, although I'm not sure about the whether or not a "healthy" battery will qualify. You battery is considered healthy.

Aug 2, 2019 6:51 AM in response to achntha

achntha wrote:
No,battery health was also good but suddenly it was down. I can't replace my battery it is a risk for my iPhone waterproof seal please consider it

If Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider does the battery service, you will get back a device that meets the water resistance standard. Apple states that water resistance isn’t permanent though, and right now it’s possible that the water resistance is lower than when purchased, as the seals are not like the ones in divers watches. They use adhesive seals that break down with age or any number of factors including previous exposure to liquid.

Apple or an AASP with the right equipment will use new adhesive seals and restore it to the specified water resistance. However, in some countries Apple doesn’t provide service, and/or AASPs don’t have access to the required equipment. In those cases they might send it out to Apple or they will exchange it for a replacement device. I can’t guarantee it, but I suspect it will be a reasonable price equivalent to a battery replacement.

I’m guessing you’re in Sri Lanka by the name of the carrier in the screenshot. No Apple Stores, but there are AASPs. Why not call one and ask what your options would be?

Aug 2, 2019 3:47 AM in response to achntha

If your battery health is below 90% I recommend you do it. Keep in mind that your iPhone is no longer water resistant if you have your iPhone repaired.

iPhone battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.