Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repairs

I have an Iphone XR. I recently cracked it around the camera. I wanted to know if it would cost extra to fix it. I have AppleCare

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 12:02 PM

Depending on what it is (kind of hard to tell without pictures) it might be replaced under warranty or AppleCare+ extended warranty, or it could be considered accidental damage subject to one of the two incidents of accidental damage.

It seems that most cases of camera lens or case cracking is considered accidental damage. If you have AppleCare+ it would probably be replaced for a smallish fee as long as it's within the two incidents.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2019 12:02 PM in response to Tristrumwright

Depending on what it is (kind of hard to tell without pictures) it might be replaced under warranty or AppleCare+ extended warranty, or it could be considered accidental damage subject to one of the two incidents of accidental damage.

It seems that most cases of camera lens or case cracking is considered accidental damage. If you have AppleCare+ it would probably be replaced for a smallish fee as long as it's within the two incidents.

Repairs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.