Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Doesn't Connect with Uconnect`

I have an Ipod that has worked faithfully in my Jeep Cherokee (UCONNECT) and my Mercedes for over 7 years, but on the 2018 Jeep Wrangler (UCONNECT) i just bought, the device does not become accessible through the car's touchscreen. I have tried different USB connectors (there are 3 on the car), but am at the end of my rope in getting access to my favorite songs in my new vehicle. Any bright ideas???

iPod Classic

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 9:55 AM

Hi Feandalf,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're running into an issue using your iPod with a specific vehicle, and I'm glad to see how I can help.

I notice this is posted in the iPod classic forum; which iPod classic model are you using? Identify your iPod model

Does the same iPod still work as expected in the other two vehicles you mentioned? Knowing this might help to narrow things down a bit and to determine if the issue might be on the vehicle end.

On the other hand, do you have any other iPod or iOS devices available? How do those work when connected to the same vehicle?

This resource has some troubleshooting steps that may help you out as well, including making sure your vehicle firmware is updated: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car

I hope I've answered your question. Best wishes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2019 9:55 AM in response to Feandalf

Hi Feandalf,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're running into an issue using your iPod with a specific vehicle, and I'm glad to see how I can help.

I notice this is posted in the iPod classic forum; which iPod classic model are you using? Identify your iPod model

Does the same iPod still work as expected in the other two vehicles you mentioned? Knowing this might help to narrow things down a bit and to determine if the issue might be on the vehicle end.

On the other hand, do you have any other iPod or iOS devices available? How do those work when connected to the same vehicle?

This resource has some troubleshooting steps that may help you out as well, including making sure your vehicle firmware is updated: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car

I hope I've answered your question. Best wishes.

Aug 1, 2019 11:33 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Joseph S,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Here are some answers to your questions with more detail:

Model is:

iPod Classic 7th Gen with 160GB

Other vehicles:

i don’t have those other vehicles any longer, but the iPod worked in the benz when I sold it a few weeks ago.

Other iOS devices working in vehicle:

my iPhone 7 plays music when connected through the specified USB port, so it seems the Uconnect does work with some iOS devices.

i also recently checked the iPod for updates via iTunes, and it checked out as “up to date”.

will also check out that link to verify the vehicle firmware and updates.

really confused why this iPod isn’t working on this vehicle. Hope you have ideas....

iPod Doesn't Connect with Uconnect`

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.