Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download photos from iPhone XR Version iOS 12.4 to Mac version 10.9.5

iPhone keeps showing as locked even after I have restarted Mac and the phone couple of times with no change.

My photos are on iCloud. I have Optimize iPhone storage checked and Upload to my Photo Stream, Upload Burst Photos and Shared Albums on.

I have not received any software updates for my Mac for at least a year now if not more.

Any help would be appreciated....

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 11:56 AM

As your iPhone is syncing with iCloud Photos and you have enabled "Optimize iPhone Storage" the photos are in iCloud and only optimized versions are on your iPhone. There is nothing to download on your iPhone. You have to download the photos from iCloud where they currently are. Launch Safari and open the web page www.icloud.com and sign in with your iCloud AppleID. Click the Photos.app on this webpage. Then you can select photos for downloading to your Mac.

If you disable "Optimize Storage" on the iPhone and let all photos download to the iPhone in full, you should be able to download them from the iPhone on your Mac. You Amy need to update iTunes on the iPhone, to the most recent version so you can confirm the trust for the computer on the iPhone, as described here: About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2019 11:56 AM in response to Jaikarma

As your iPhone is syncing with iCloud Photos and you have enabled "Optimize iPhone Storage" the photos are in iCloud and only optimized versions are on your iPhone. There is nothing to download on your iPhone. You have to download the photos from iCloud where they currently are. Launch Safari and open the web page www.icloud.com and sign in with your iCloud AppleID. Click the Photos.app on this webpage. Then you can select photos for downloading to your Mac.

If you disable "Optimize Storage" on the iPhone and let all photos download to the iPhone in full, you should be able to download them from the iPhone on your Mac. You Amy need to update iTunes on the iPhone, to the most recent version so you can confirm the trust for the computer on the iPhone, as described here: About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cannot download photos from iPhone XR Version iOS 12.4 to Mac version 10.9.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.